How To Wear
Always remove your jewelry BEFORE washing hands, swimming or applying body care products. It should also be taken off before carrying out any sports activities or doing household chores.
Remember to reserve your jewelry as a finishing touch, AFTER using applying body care products like perfume, beauty cream, make up or hair spray.
Try to protect all jewelry from sharp blows, harsh chemicals found in household cleaning materials, sunlight and extreme temperatures.
Chlorine and related chemicals can severely discolor and damage jewelry as well as loosen stones and settings.
Ensure your jewelry does not come into prolonged contact with matches, rubber bands or any materials that contain sulphur, as well as abrasive soaps, chemicals, perfumes, hair sprays and (or) dyes.Storage.
Proper care and storage of your loose Swarovski crystals and finished design pieces will help maintain its quality and luster.
Please preserve your jewelry in its original padded box or in a velvet pouch that you have received with your order. Proper care and storage of your jewelry as well as occasional polishing with a soft cloth will help maintain its luster and beauty over time.
Please make sure that your jewelry is stored away from intense heat and light.
After cleaning your jewelry, please make sure it is completely dry before being stored.
Sterling silver jewelry and sterling silver plated jewelry that is prone to tarnish is best stored in an airtight container. (Any moisture will cause the tarnishing process to begin.) A zip-lock bag with anti-tarnish paper is also highly recommended to avoid oxydized processes.Swarovski crystals.
Occasional polishing with a soft lint-free cloth or the Swarovski crystals Jewelry Polishing Cloth, will help you to retain the original sheen of the crystal elements. If Swarovski crystals - are soiled, they should be cleaned by hand in lukewarm water with a few drops of mild dish detergent or soap with a ph neutral base. Then rinse the crystals under running water and afterwards dry them with a soft, lint-free cloth to avoid spotting and lint spoiling the shine. ALWAYS dry your jewelry immediately after cleaning and store it in a dry, cool place until ready to wear to avoid tarnishing.
Under no circumstances should any abrasive or corrosive detergents be used; glass and window-cleaning fluids and chlorine should also be avoided, as they often cause streaking.
Swarovski and genuine pearls.
Pearls should only be cleaned with a soft damp cloth or mild soap, after which you should let the pearls dry immediately. Never clean the pearls with solvents like acetone (in nail polish remover) or alcohol (in perfumes, etc). Pearls should also NOT be cleaned with a jewelry cleaner or in a jewelry-cleaning machine. The harsh cleanser can wear away the pearl coating.
The last things you have to know.
- Don`t allow jewelry to come in prolonged contact with matches, rubber bands or anything that contains sulphur.
- Don`t allow jewelry to come in contact with abrasive soaps, chemicals, perfumes, hair sprays and/or dyes.
- Don`t rub silver jewelry with abrasive cloths and (or) cleansers. Silver scratches easily.
- Don`t expose your jewelry to prolonged periods of extreme temperatures or intense sunlight. (i.e. window sills, car dashboards)
- Don`t store jewelry near a heat source.
- Do use a soft jewelry polishing cloth to prevent tarnish build-up.
- Do remove jewelry before swimming in the ocean and (or) a chlorinated pool. (Chlorine may cause discoloration to silver. It will also cause damage to many gemstones and other natural products and may cause them to become loose in their settings.)
- Do remove jewelry before using cleaning materials.
- Do remove jewelry before engaging in exercise and (or) sports to prevent scratching, denting or loss of gemstones.
- Do remove jewelry before going to bed to avoid twisting, knotting and (or) breakage.
- Do remove jewelry when doing cleaning and (or) gardening.